What is Batec?
Batec is an application for the smartphone, which once installed will send an SMS alert with GPS coordinates to the person who has been previously configured, if it detects that the wearer of smartphone has an anomaly.
Doctors warn that the time between a person suffers an accident and is given, it should be the minimum in order to minimize the consequences arising from the accident.
Cases like traumatic accidents, heart attacks or strokes, are examples in which the speed of action on the victim can be given to an injured survive or not.
How work Batec?
The application is very simple:
1. Install the app on the smartphone.
2. Choose one person from your contacts to make your partner WatchDogLife. This WatchDogLife will be responsible for receiving SMS notification if you have any incident.
3. Before starting your activity, active the application.
4. Take your smartphone with you.
Who are the potential beneficiaries of Batec?
Anyone who carries out tasks alone, will be more secure with this app.
Some examples of activities that benefit from Batec:
• People on risk due to previous illnesses (heart disease, cardiovascular diseases, etc.)
• Seniors who spends long hours alone
• Professionals who work alone (Lone Worker): plumbers, painters, laborers, inspectors, truckers, etc.
• People walking in the mountains
What to do in case of emergency the App Batec?
A possible protocol to perform in an emergency, would be:
1. Batec App must be on.
2. If the carrier of the smartphone has an illness that makes him lose consciousness, after a period of inactivity application gives an audible alarm and an alert screen.
3. In case of false alarm, just moving the smartphone stop the alarm and reset the timer.
4. If after a while nobody shakes smartphone, Batec will be true the incidence and send an SMS alarm to partner WatchDogLife.
5. Just receive the SMS alarm your WatchDogLife partner with the coordinates of the location, this will attempt to contact the victim to verify the warning.
6. If your WatchDogLife partner can't contact with the victim, alarm will be true and he will call to emergency services, giving them the GPS coordinates of the affected.
7. Emergency services will proceed as they established in these cases.